How to Root the Huawei Honor 3X
More and more older devices are getting root access, all thanks to the universal rooting tools that combine several root exploits in a single package to be used for rooting multiple Android devices. Rooting the Huawei Honor 3X is now possible using the universal Root Genius tool that that is one of those tools.
All it takes for you to root your Honor 3X is clicking a few buttons in the tool, waiting for it to do its magic, and getting your device rooted. As soon as it’s done, you’ll have the freedom to do all the things on your device that come with root access.
If that sounds good to you and you want to take the plunge, here’s how you can do that:
I. Before You Begin
1. This procedure should void the warranty of your device. We will not be held responsible if you end-up bricking or damaging your device in any way. Go ahead at your own risk.
2. You should have Huawei USB Drivers installed on your PC. If you don’t, please download and install them first.
3. This should only work on a Windows based PC as the root tool that you will use is only available for Windows operating system.
4. This will not erase any data on your device, however you should back up your important files, just in case.
II. Downloading Required Files
1. Download Root Genius and save it to your desktop.
III. Rooting the Huawei Honor 3X
1. Double-click on the Root Genius executable to launch it on your PC.
2. Head to Menu > Settings > About phone on your device and tap on Build number for about 7-8 times until it says you’re a developer. When it does, head back to the main menu.
3. Enable USB debugging on your device by going to Menu > Settings > Developer options and turn on USB debugging.
4. Plug in your device to your PC using a USB cable.
5. The Root Genius tool should detect your device and show it in its panel.
6. Click on Root It button in the tool to root your device.
7. Wait for the tool to gain root-access on your device.
8. When it has done rooting, reboot your device.
9. You should see the Kinguser app in your app drawer.
10. Head over to the Google Play store and download and install SuperSU on your device. It is the most popular root-permission manager app for Android devices.
11. You are all set!
Your Huawei Honor 3X is now rooted and you can confirm it using Root Checker on your device. If it says you’re rooted, you’re good to go.
As your device is now rooted, you can download and install various root-only apps on it. These apps provide you with functionalities like changing the system files, replacing default sound files with custom ones, and so on. There’s really a lot of things you can do on your device once you’re rooted.
While there’s no recovery for the aforementioned device as of now, but you should be able to flash one when it becomes available as you already have the root-access on your device.
If you liked this, please share it. It’s greatly appreciated!