Easy Root tool for LG G Flex 2 and LG G2/ G3/ G Pro 2 Lollipop and KitkatWith the launch of the the LG G Flex last year, LG became the world’s first manufacturer to release a smartphone with curved screen. It was really an overwhelming experience to see a phone with bended design. Great technology comes at great price and no wonder the G Flex devices are highly priced. Extending its technological innovation, the Korean OEM has now launched the second generation of the G Flex.
The LG G Flex 2 is out for a just a some days now and if you happen to be its lucky owner, there’s now another reason to feel luckier because the phone has finally got a working root method. Unjustified Dev from XDA has developed a very handy tool that works on a number of LG devices and their variants, including the LG G Flex 2. Below is the list of devices on which the LG Root Tool has been tested successfully:
- LG F60 (all variants)
- LG Tribute (all variants)
- LG G2 (all variants)
- LG MS 395/D393
- LG G3 (Lollipop- all variants except the Verizon one)
- LG G Flex 2
- LG G Pro 2
- LG L90 (all variants except the Verizon one)
- LG Transpyre
- LG Volt (LS740)
If you got any of the devices listed above and want to gain root privilege on it, just follow the instructions provided below to know how to use the tool.
- Download LG Root Tool
Downloaded: 261 times
If you like this post, kindly share it on Social Network Facebook/Twitter etc.
- Download and install LG USB Drivers on your computer. Skip the step if you have already installed the drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging on the phone by going to Developer options under device Settings.
Using The LG Root Tool
- Extract the LG Root zip file to your desktop and open the folder.
- Now connect your LG device using the USB cable supplied by the OEM.
- Launch a command prompt from within the LG Root folder. You can do so by placing the mouse pointer at an empty space and pressing Shift+Right-click on your keyboard and selecting Open command prompt here option.
- When the command window is launched, issue the following command to make sure that your device is properly recognized.
- Having tested the connection, type the following command. You can copy/paste the code line in the cmd window to avoid mistakes.
adb.exe push busybox /data/local/tmp/ && adb.exe push lg_root.sh /data/local/tmp && adb.exe push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp
- You will get a screen like this:
- The required files have been copied on the device. Disconnect the device and put it in the Download Mode. You can do this as follows:
- Turn off the device.
- Now hold the Volume up key and connect the USB cable.
- Wait for a few moments until device drivers are installed.
- It’s time to find out to which COM Port your device is connected. You can know this by double-clicking the ports.bat file in the LG Root folder. Note down the COM Port number.
- Now issue the send command given below (replace the command port with yours):
- You’re now just a step ahead from gaining root. Type this command:
sh /data/local/tmp/lg_root.sh dummy 1 /data/local/tmp/UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /data/local/tmp/busybox
- You’ll get a string like shown in the screenshot.
- Done! Now pull out your phone’s battery to get out of the Download Mode.
Insert the battery back to its place and turn your device on. You have successfully rooted your LG G Flex 2/ LG G2/ G3/ G Pro Enjoy root!